Sunday Worship Services
Weekly Sunday Services:
- Church of the Good Shepherd, UMC is committed to the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults through our Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
- Nursery services are available for both morning worship and Sunday school for infant through kindergarten.
- There are Activity Bags available in the hallway for children during the services.
- CD’s of our worship services are available to borrow by contacting the church office.
- Special devices are available during the service for the hearing impaired. Please ask the sound booth located in the back of the sanctuary.
9:00 AM – Blended Worship
This service combines the traditional organ, hymns and choir with a smooth flow into praise and worship music led by One Heart praise team. There is a Children’s Message and nursery up through age 5 as well as a scripturally based Sermon, which applies God’s Word to our experiences and lives today.
We believe that putting Jesus Christ as a priority is central to being a Christian. Just as we share and experience love with one another in various ways, our love for God and God’s love for us can be experienced in different ways.
Personal and corporate worship are essential to growing in the faith. Come and experience God with us through worship.
10:00 AM – Refreshment Fellowship
We encourage you to fellowship in the cafe area immediately following our worship service. Light refreshments, including coffee and cookies, are available. Children ages K-12th grade will have refreshments in the youth room on the lower level.
10:30 AM – Sunday School
- Truth Seekers – This is an adult Class which meets in Room 17 on the lower level.
- Fellowship Class – This class meets in the Library. They are studying “Living under Law vs. Grace.” The teacher is Dave Brisbin.
- Youth (grades 6th thru 12th)– Teacher is Sharon Kimberling and is a Sunday School class for teens.
NEW FORMAT FOR Sunday School– We will be using the “FAITHWEAVER NOW” Series. Our snack will be in the youth room beginning at 10:30 AM followed by a song/game. We will then head to our classes to build upon the lesson through further activities and reflection. We will finish at 11:30 AM and parents can pick up their children in their classrooms.
- 3rd – 5th grades (GREEN ROOM)– The teachers are Erin Crain & Mary Edna Lykens.
- Kindergarten-2nd Grades (PURPLE ROOM)– The teachers are Joanna Renner & Crystal Weyer
- Nursery – This is for infants to Kindergarten aged children. They meet in the nursery area. The teacher is Michelle Keith. Each weeks lesson includes a Bible story, activity and prayer.
The first Sunday of every month, a very casual time of worship in the Sanctuary at 6:00 PM this unique service includes songs of praise, prayer, and testimony. Bring a dessert to share for fellowship time following the service.
7:00 PM – Evening Prayer and Praise
We are no longer meeting. Please continue to pray for the weekly prayer concerns in your own quiet time.